PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 17th Jan 2010, 17:16
HiFlyer14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi HiFlyer14, have received your email and will definetly 'be spreading the word'.
I note the Bassa forum has deleted the threads pertaining to the PCCC, but no idea why?
Hi AtlasDrawer - thanks - the support for this has been quite overwhelming.

Regrettably, some BASSA members are now accusing us of "unsolicited mail". I would just like to reiterate what Tiramisu said and that is that PCCC is a Professional Cabin Crew Council. We have only sent emails to people that have registered an interest in PCCC on our dedicated email address. Some crew have, in their eagerness to spread the word, forwarded it on to their other contacts, be it via facebook, the Twit one (why does it do that **** thing), etc. So it is not unsolicited email and it is not being sent by us. Anyway we are neither a business, nor a marketing company. We are simply professional cabin crew calling for professional representation. The unsolicited email call is therefore clutching at straws.

Amazing that BASSA are very quick to cry "foul" when they realise that their Union is not as watertight as they would like to think. It also shows the depths they plunge to to try and counter any valid challenge to their unjustified call for strike.

I note that they have also not responded to any of the questions re the taxation issue. It seems on issues they don't like, don't agree with or cannot answer, they simply ignore or delete.

Let us be very clear about this. A growing minority of cabin crew have an opinion which is very different to that of UNITE. We also have a voice. We are prepared to use it and we will not be deterred by the attempts, of which there will undoubtedly be more, to slander or abuse us.

I am BA cabin crew and the above represents my own view and not that of BA.