PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 17th Jan 2010, 16:51
Two-Tone-Blue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please may I echo Midman's post and Davecr's reply?

Amidst all the shouting and posturing, the basic issue keeps getting forgotten. Current crews at LHR will not be financially affected - but some [i.e. the CSD] may actually have to do a bit more work as the CC will be reduced by ONE. Yes, just ONE.

Is that honestly a scenario to cause even more damage to a company losing £1m a day? When current CC are basically unaffected by the change, apart from the CSD's?

Incidentally, nobody answered an earlier question i noticed about BA forward bookings ... how are the customer numbers looking these days? Because THAT, and not the minutiae of allowances and "Doors 5", is what will actually determine how many people have jobs later this year.

I would emphasise to flapsforty that I am well aware that I am using this Thread under sufferance. However, the issue is substantially bigger than just CC/BA/BASSA. The reality is, IMO, the future viability of BA as an airline, and my posts should be taken in that context.