PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Welshpool flying school to close by April
Old 22nd Jan 2002, 13:02
Whirlybird

The Original Whirly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm a local who..er..used to fly to Welshpool! I guess what both WWW AND boss man are saying is true, or has some truth in it anyway. There are two sides to every story, and I moved to Sleap for good reasons, not just an idle whim. At Sleap I met very many ex Welshpool flyers, and a few instructors, and a number said they would go back to Welshpool if and when the management changed. Got to be reasons for that, don't you think? On the other hand, many people have learned to fly cheaply there over the years, and were happy with it. So don't jump to conclusions if you don't know all the issues and people involved here, and bear in mind a lot of people are being very careful right now as they're wary of being sued or similar.

However, what I've heard (again, only hearsay) is that the airfield owner wants to extend the runway to make the airfield available for business traffic - the original intention of Mid-Wales Airport - AND have GA there too. So if this is the case, it may be closed for a while, but not for ever. And it may eventually provide the complete service to the people of Mid-Wales and elsewhere, that as I understand it was always intended.