PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulf Air Developments
View Single Post
Old 17th Jan 2010, 13:16
Sal-e

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gentlemen,
being a fellow pilot as the most of you here, I have to agree that the necessary direction in which the company must head to, will have adverse affects on our careers.
Our desires and aspirations within this company, I hate to say, has no part whatsoever in the recovery of the airline. We all want to fly to new places with new aircraft. But I don't think Gulf Air can sustain this any longer without jeopardising the economy and the future of the next generation of Bahrainis. Many countries have been humbled by the poor running of their flag carriers. Bahrain is no different.

GlobalFlyer
....REAL plan that requires pride to be let go, sacrifices and yes, a LOT of lay offs involving some of the disgruntled people on this board.
I am sorry to say that I will be agreeing with GlobalFlyer with this one. We must all stop being in denial and face reality. GlobalFlyer was verbally attacked and accused without any of his/her statements taken on board. This sure sounds like denial on our part. This is completely natural. It has happened many times to many airlines before and it will happen again.
I thought I'd never say this but if anyone is no longer comfortable with their positions in Gulf Air or the direction in which Gulf Air is heading, we must be completely clear that our personal futures are completely in our own hands and are our own responsibilities.
Blue side up.