PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Welshpool flying school to close by April
Old 21st Jan 2002, 22:02
Cruise Alt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Welshpool flying school to close by April

Having arrived at Pool aviation for work this morning I was greeted by the news that the school is to close by April at Welshpool airport. This is because of a legal ruling (I don't know the exact details) that the owner of airfield is able to cut short the lease and the tennant has to be off the premises by April 15. This dispute has apparently been going on for some time. This has nothing to do with the company having financial difficulties - in fact they are doing pretty well. The school owner is now looking at various sites where he can re-establish a flying school.

Unfortunately it does mean that ppl courses will have to be completed by April. There is some good news however for anyone hour building. Continuing the business of offering cheap flying training by maximising the use of the aircraft as the existing students complete courses, cheap hour building will be available. If you are interested you should call the school 01938 555062.

No one will lose their money and if you are concerned please call.

I hope this will answer any questions and stop all the nasty rumours that spread when a school closes.

As for me - does anyone need a QFI for the summer