PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Abysmal Journalism concerning Aviation
View Single Post
Old 17th Jan 2010, 07:40
Sunfish

Received 90 Likes on 33 Posts
Parabellum:

Sunfish - You seem to be forgetting that PPRune is primarily for professional pilots.
Have you ever met senior trial lawyers or surgeons who regularly disparage their customers in such a manner as pilots? I think not, and certainly not on a public forum like Pprune.

Furthermore, the disparaging attitude to customers demonstrated here and elsewhere regularly on Pprune is highly counter productive if you take it to work. I should add that maybe it's the wannabees who are doing it, but I wouldn't know. I'm not a wannabeee, too old to be a commercial pilot and would have been bored out of my tree if I'd tried it.

To put it another way; Why do you think Bob Hawke and Peter Abeles were able to stick it to you all those years ago? Because you were portrayed in the media as stuck up over paid ****holes, and you did nothing to counter that image, and every post that refers disparagingly to your customers reinforces that image. A little humility might be worth a lot to you one day.

To put it yet another way; Don't slag your customers for any reason, it's not a good idea.