PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ADS-B, Stuff that I have found.
View Single Post
Old 17th Jan 2010, 04:47
OZBUSDRIVER

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
My February issue of Kitplanes has ran an article on ADS-B for kit builders. The US pilots have similar opinions to what we have here "So pilots would have an opportunity to choose whether to subject themselves to government surveillance" Sounds familiar.

Quote for GA operators as to equipping their aircraft for the UAT flavour as well as 1090ES ADS-B for a G900X using GTS800 (800/820/850) series TAS receiver and GTX330 ES transpnder. Three levels of patpending CLEAR CAS technology from lower end traffic advisory up to full blown TCAS I qualified. Kitplanes lists these upgrades at $9995 , $19995 and $23495 for upgrading the G900X suite. (Ironicly, Kitplanes used a photo of a portable Garmin GPS495 screen depicting information from an Aussie built Enigma unit yet didn't even mention the guys in their article.)****

GARMIN GTS

Kitplanes is recommending kit builders of EFIS equipped aircraft to at least make provision of a transciever. They believe costs will be cheaper than a modeS transponder.

UPS have made savings of 30% in fuel cost alone with being able to organise merge and self space their aircraft into the UPS Lousville hub. The throttles come back once from top of descent all the way to final with little ATC handling.

****Note..how much were some here quoting for a full blown dual antenna TCAS I system,,JOKER10???