PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 17th Jan 2010, 04:46
Desertia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Romans44,
Guys and (of course)girls
Are you really suggesting that BASSA should be negotiating with the TAX man?
I don't think anyone is suggesting this. From what I can surmise, BALPA negotiated with HRMC, with the assistance of BA management, throughout the HRMC review and audit process, and negotiated an agreeable rate for all of their members.

I think people are stating, not suggesting, that the clueless, overpaid old farts that run BASSA should have also done this, instead of which, by doing next to nothing apart from sending out a few letters to their members (which seems to be about all they can manage), they have lumped them with a significant and unnecessarily large tax increase.

I hope that clarifies things.

Addendum:

Unite's notice about tomorrow's meeting reads:

A meeting of ALL British Airways cabin crew will be at KEMPTON PARK, starting 11am on MONDAY 18th JAN 2010

It will give anyone an opportunity to ask any questions on the legal decision that postponed the ballot.

More information on the upcoming 2010 ballot and the result of the online poll will be discussed.

The membership will also be updated on the ongoing talks that are taking place with BA, with Q&As taken from the floor.
Q&A's will be taken from the floor. Perhaps you will be the one to ask them what they did?

Last edited by Desertia; 17th Jan 2010 at 04:57.