PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Are male passengers perverts?
View Single Post
Old 17th Jan 2010, 04:14
MG23

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Glamgirl
As I understand the "article", the husband and wife were not asked to sit separately. They were asked to swap seats between the two of them.
And? Why should they be forced to sit where they don't want to sit because of some paranoid scare stories?

Personally I'm more than glad to be told that kids won't be allowed to sit next to me on a flight because I'm sure to have a much less annoying time with adults sitting next to me who know how to behave. But if you have a problem with kids sitting next to adults then move the kids; I didn't ask them to be on the plane.

As to the idea that this is 'protecting adults', I would imagine that any sensible person would be more scared of discovering that our culture is bringing up kids so badly that they'll make accusations of sexual abuse against strangers just for the heck of it than that some pervert might try something on a plane full of people who'd probably be quite happy to beat the heck out of them for doing so.

P.S. I have no problem with moving when there's a good reason for it: on the last transatlantic flight I made I changed seats so a couple with a baby could sit together. But this is just nanny state nonsense: a kid on a plane is more likely to be blown up by a terrorist than abused by a stranger.