PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Defence is at a crossroads - The Times
View Single Post
Old 17th Jan 2010, 03:22
Farfrompuken

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This country is not broke. It has been mismanged to hell and all the money goes the wrong way.
Cornish, I'm afraid UK plc is technically banckrupt. There IS no money. Just more borrowing.

We will, like it or not, get hammered. Clearly we could look at cuts elsewhere, like stopping welfare payouts to those who are on the make, but with limited manufacturing base, we've got little to sell to make that money.

El Gordo really has cocked this one up in style (not just the recent shambles but the last 10+ yrs).

I don't agree that we should be in the business of cutting capabilities, but we clearly don't need 100s of Typhoon. Sell a load and let's get what our punters need-more SH and AT. 22 chinooks are a start, but that's at the price of the Merlins. We (and I'm saying this on a daily basis at the moment) need to remember we're in the business of supporting the troops on the ground; failure to do so will seal our fate.

The War is NOT the Air War. Make CAS a SH dude. CDS Army, not some irrelevant cold war FJ REMF.

Last edited by Farfrompuken; 17th Jan 2010 at 03:42.