PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Demise of Hong Kong Airlines
View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2010, 22:09
b747heavy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
oxygenmask,

If you have a good job and it is treating you well, stay where you are and well away from HKA and their promises. If your wife and kids are happy where you are now, keep it that way. Hong Kong is an intense place and can be demanding on families. Please do some research on schooling and associated costs...this will take a big chunk of your advised $13,800 not to mention housing taking another chunk if you are looking for a bit of space for the wife and kids. A 1200 sq/ft apartment on Lantau Island (Tung Chung) may run you as high as HKD13,000 or more (someone will correct this as I have not been in the rental market for some time now).

You have the right approach in asking for honest opinions and most of this forum is correct in what you can expect. Do your homework for Hong Kong costs then take a deep breath and have a serious think about it all going wrong (most likely) and what that will do for you. I understand the possible attractions that HKA may have for you, but their track history is not good at all and they have burnt a lot of people (and continue to do so) without a care in the world.

Cheers,
Heavy