PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Maun,Namibia and Zambia it is then!!!
View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2010, 18:31
STRANGELYBROWN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Kash

I spent 2 months at Audi Camp and 1 month before in Namibia. It sounds to me you have the right atitude to get the job, just keep at it and get to know as many people as possible. When you get that job it is the best flying you will ever do and also you will get to see the greatest safari country from the air and from the camps when you night stop.

Advice:
1, get to know as many people as possible, often the boss will ask the pilots before they hire. Do not become annoying! Friday night is the big night at the Buck and Hunter

2, As said before, ask about the water. Rain but mostly the floods, the town is obsessed with it.

3, Learn about the country and wildlife, anything to set you apart from the rest of the crowd.

4, offer to help anyone in any way even if it is not flying related, it's a small town and word gets around, as you found out after the rum.

5, Keep everything of value with you at all times, i had a lot of stuff nicked from my tent whilst i was asleep in the tent (i think it was the bloody rum). But don't worry about violence, there is none.

6, Move your tent every few days, the ants will eat through the bottom of it.

7, Enjoy and make the most of being in such a great town, it's very odd when compared to the UK, embrace how strange it is, have a good time and do as much as you can whilst there.

8, Most of all hang in there and don't give up, if Maun is not looking good head to namibia.

Good luck

I wish I was back there

SB