PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet/CTC Cadet Pilot Slavery Contract
View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2010, 17:50
Night_fr8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When I worked in Germany, I flew with several high quality first officers who had paid for their rating and line training costs (20 DM / hour).
One had no twin rating until he obtained the 737 rating, even having a single IR, which was allowed by the LBA.
The same guy is now a 747 captain.

Easyjet has gone one stage further than RYR and is actively using the income from these cadets to boost revenue through turnover, every 6 months or so another batch, and no guarantee of a job at the end.
RYR has a much better system and ultimately if the student reaches the grade a well paid job at the end.

Those who bleet on here about Easyjet should ask themselves if they had not been given a type rating, and were today looking for a job would they try and put together the money to take a similar job oppourtunity.
Or wait for Flight every week to see if the job section had anything to offer, whilst bemoaning the fact that they were being hard done by as they were passed over, by those with some get up and go.

Incidently I know that there are parents, grand parents and even single parents who are standing guarantee for those who were able to get the cost of the course together, also some cadets have sold their only assets to raise the money required, and otherwise begged and borrowed to make up the difference.
Its these motivated and well selected people who are now starting the courses.

Ask how I know, the answer is simple I know several of those who applied.
IF I had the funds I would have liked to have help some of those who could not afford the course with a loan.
But as many know to get a small fortune in aviation you must first start with a big one, neither of which I have.