PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SARH to go
Thread: SARH to go
View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2010, 16:55
Spanish Waltzer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Perhaps a tad simplistic, and as a health warning I am not an engineer, but if I understand it correctly from comments above, the majority (all?) of the present SKIOS engineers at the various SAR bases around the UK are gaining valuable experience but are being paid less because they are not licensed. They are however a local workforce who are proving that they are up to the job. I have no doubt therefore that the winning bidder, once they have decided how many engineers they want at each location, will dip into those workforces and offer those that have proved themselves capable the necessary training etc for their licenses. This will come at a cost so those individuals will be bonded for a period of time. I am sure there will be plenty of volunteers so this will solve the need to recruit and also ensure a stable workforce during the transition. The problem I imagine is that the present numbers of SKIOS guys at each location is probably greater than the number required for a new platform - but that allows the new company the ability to be picky.