PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Demise of Hong Kong Airlines
View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2010, 13:07
captain.diperkosa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think every man that post here is not B.S. but true fact

Any chance for you to answer me what is your true average monthly salary?
The lowest in Hong Kong with average of last 12 month about 68,000 Hong Kong for captain.

How much you pay for your house?
see for yourself. Do your homework. Hong Kong rental property - Square Foot
Select Hong Kong Island, rent small 1200-1500 square feet and 3 bedroom and see the results. 35,000 a month minimum in an old noise area. This is why other companies in Hong Kong pay housing allowance to pilots. Not HKA. You get nothing. Your other option is to live in Tung Chung and rent for 16,000 each month. But Tung Chung is dead. So boring and you can not walk 5 minutes without seeing 5 co-workers knowing everything about your lifes. If you want to save money you can do what some F/O do and rental in a village but it is only chinese and there are dangerous gang. These F/O are forced to rent here because they can not have money to live any other place. Also Hong Kong is very expensive city. Most expensive in the world. You do not save money here on this wages with no house allowance.

Must read this. Hong Kong, World's Most Expensive City to Rent an Apartment
Hong Kong, World's Most Expensive City to Rent an Apartment

Hong Kong has the world's priciest apartment rents, with the lease for a three-bedroom unit costing more than 9,700 US dollars (75,175 HK dollars) on average a month.

They also say that here World's Most Expensive Rental Markets - Forbes.com
and here Most Expensive and Cheapest Rentals in the World | Moving it Globally
and here World's most expensive rental markets
and here ok I think you got the proof now. Hong Kong Real Estate Most Expensive Rental Market in the World
What is the immediate action that the company could do to keep you from leaving?
I do not know what your asking in this question? The company do not care if you stay or leave. They do nothing to fix problems, they love to make problem for you. The Office and HR They hate pilot and resent that you make more money than them and try to do everything to save money, always pilot and air hostess pay for it. These are 2 groups that did not get pay rise. They also had largest pay cut. Office worker and managers got payrise 6 month ago.

I hope you read all this imformations. The company promised pilot pay rise before Christmas, then they change mind and not inform anyone. Just silence and ignore us. They pretend nothing was said. Like holding juicy steak in near a starving puppy dog, and when dog about to eat they take steak away and kick the poor little puppy dog. That what they do to us. They first give us hope and then just go back on their word. This happen every day. Every month. Every year.

Do not believe a single word your told. They need you because they start A330 service, and they tell anything to get you. When you here, you realize the lies start. What is the a330 salary they told you?

You only get 14 day holiday they lie and tell you 28. Everything is a lie. When you have concern they ignore you. If you push… then you are sack.

All this is no B.S. Stay where you are. And tell your friends. Hong Kong Airlines can never be trusted. EVER. Never ever in a hundred years.