PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - what airlines want?
View Single Post
Old 1st Jul 2002, 13:20
jonathang

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Been following this post from the Beginning and has been very relevant to help me make a decision.

What worried me was the possibility of two years down the line having the huge debt with no job. Which from what other have said is a Possibility. Also I would be 22 with my Frozen ATPL and very little varied experience.

I am in the position to pay for around half of the costs with the other from loans and help from Parents.

More than anything I want to start the course this year but have now made the decision to go back to Uni for the 3 remaining years of my course.

In 3 years time I will still be in the position to complete the course. But will have tried my hardest to get into any sponsorships assuming some come back.

I would also like to keep up flying and Build hours with the Uni Air Squadron. Spoken to many people who agree that u get good Training and Experience from this.

One guy I have spoken to says that he is certain that he got his Sponsorship from the training he received at the UAS.

I personally think that it is wrong that other Professions use a degree as a benchmark sometimes the only Benchmark.

I can't speak for Aviation in whether this is true or not. But I do know it is true in other Industries. I just want to make sure that I have some fall back if;

1. The Job never happens
2. I find out I am not airline material
3. I fail the medical some time in my life

I am not 100% Pro-Uni by any means have loads of complaints about the course I am on. Some of the teaching is marginal at best.

Just my opinion formed from advice I have received from others.

Thanks for the help.

JonathanG