PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - john frohnsdorff elected BALPA General Secretary
Old 1st Jul 2002, 13:13
Sick Squid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Martin,

Just want to take you on over a bit of procedure, here... you said earlier that it impossible to have a democratic debate in a secret society; forgive me, I would have cut and pasted your exact words but, er.... couldn't find them up there!

You may well have a valid point, but unfortunately that is the nature of the lions den you've entered (very strongly, I may add) into here. If people wish to remain anonymous then please learn work around that. Working out the level of veracity, or it's opposite, of contributors speaking apparently knowledgeably on boards such as this is simply one of the skills one acquires to use them most effectively. It is not learnt overnight, it is learnt through exposure.

So whilst you have chosen to shake off the shackles (as you see them) of anonymity, please respect the wishes of others to remain thus. Often such a strategy can lead to people raising points they otherwise would not have done. I pulled completely out of any meaningful debate on the Compuserve forum many years ago due to an increasing feeling of justifiable paranoia about attaching my name to any views of "militancy."

Yes, you do know me, by the way, you did a couple of my 320 conversion sims. I will, and do tell people over a beer who I am if they exhibit any interest in the site , but it a/ isn't exactly rocket science to work it out within the company, and b/ I choose not to broadcast it too publicly

Despite the long-winded nature of many of the posts here the underlying quality of the debate is very high indeed.

Regards, £6

Last edited by Sick Squid; 1st Jul 2002 at 13:45.