PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Paying for ICUS
Thread: Paying for ICUS
View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2010, 04:40
The Green Goblin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why would you pay for ICUS though plovett to try and get current for an instrument renewal?

I always found spending a couple of hundred bucks on a simulator and shooting NDBs and ILSs far more valuable. Even though I have never had to pay for a renewal yet (the employer has always paid the bill) I would not want to fail one and let them down if they are investing the time and money in me, so a couple of hundred bucks out of my pocket for the sim was very good value and showed I was keen.

The ATO also is not testing your straight and level performance, they want to see you shooting approaches in a high traffic CTA type environment.

The spirit of ICUS was/is for an employer to get an employee checked to line for the type of operation he/she was hired to do. It was/is not intended for someone to pay for hours to meet minimum hours on type or for an employer to ICUS someone 500 hours to meet command requirements.

IMO you also can't log ICUS in the right seat, it has to be in the left with a check captain or chief pilot who is approved to occupy that seat. I bet CASA has the same viewpoint.

GG