PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dear Minister. Your airport security is a farce because...
Old 16th Jan 2010, 03:17
Trent 972

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pinky, I will not post QF internal communications on a public website, but the memos from 'on high' have decreed that we will submit meekly to any security screening request, as is rightly so. The point I was making is that 'Aviation Security' is not best served by continually selecting aircrew in uniform to be subjected to testing because we are 'easy'. The screening officer records the number of people submitted to swab testing, if that figure also indicated if it was a uniformed aircrew person as opposed to joe public who was screened, then maybe a more representative cross section of threats to aviation security might be selected, rather than who makes the screeners job the easiest.
Apache, I've got more than enough important reading to keep up with now than to read all that crap, especially when I can't/won't argue about it with anyone in public anyway. I'll just post here and hope some journo might think there is a story in it.
Keg, what's the point of complaining. I can see the reply now, can't you.
Just like arriving into LAX at customs, a very formal request, "Sir, you have been randomly selected....." and nothing changes.