PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Paying for ICUS
Thread: Paying for ICUS
View Single Post
Old 15th Jan 2010, 22:28
Wally Mk2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think paying for hrs is wrong but having said that aviation today is a different beast to many years ago when it was flourishing. I personally wouldn't pay for such hrs but I'm not in the early learning stages of gaining experience where such things is developing into what could be the norm if you want to get ahead of the pack.
Don't forget everyone in some ways we have ALL paid for flying from day one in one way or another. Every lesson you took you paid for so effectively you paid for yr job along the way. Self funded type endo's, ICUS time self funded (such as thread topic), security clearances self funded, user pays in virtually everything with aviation, ldg fees, en route fees, English language tests, there all nails in the coffin of general aviation. Slowly but surely the 'flying for fun' & the building of hrs towards a job will be only available to the few very wealthy & as for learning to fly from off the street to that shinny jet job (the traditional way once)? Well will one day pass into aviation folk law, sad but I believe inevitable

Obviously all personal opinions & no more:-)

Aviation is like a school yard, the tough stand on top of the heap!

Wmk2