PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 15th Jan 2010, 21:21

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To all my CC colleagues: I have to tell you, BA absolutely, completely and utterly WILL NOT BACK DOWN on this! IF you vote for strike action you absolutely definitely will be required to 'walk the walk'.

To think of the result as strengthening BASSA's hand in some hypothetical negotiations, is not the reality!

Also, take it from me, the option of a 'mass sickout' will be removed from you.

It will be very nasty, and BA can afford to sit this out much longer than the vast majority of you as individuals!

As far as the court case is concerned; be careful what you wish for! In the unlikely event that BASSA win, BA's view will be that, if BA cannot determine the numbers of crew on a/c, then CC contracts are clearly not fit for purpose, and they will all be terminated.

BA CAN DO THIS!

And all for what? Working a tiny bit harder! Fight the next battles if/when they come. This is not the right battleground! Use the very capable brains that so many of you are endowed with.

There cannot be an unequivocal win for BASSA here. It is simply not possible. A strike will only result in plans being brought forward, to pay for the damage incurred.

The only way out of this is to vote no, and tell your reps to negotiate in good faith!

Don't be brainwashed, they have not done that so far!!

It's your only chance.

No pleasure taken in explaining the facts!

Last edited by 4468; 15th Jan 2010 at 21:38.