PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Changing Citation for TBM850?
View Single Post
Old 15th Jan 2010, 20:59
Midland Transport

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I really think your employer needs to think carefully about what he is proposing. If he is forced to downgrade from a CJ2 to a TBM850 and he has the same expectation of the aircraft as a business tool he needs to think again. I would never suggest to take customers or key employees on a Night IFR Trip to say Geneva or Milan in a single engine aircraft no matter how reliable it is . If the cost issue is the real driver which it must be I would suggest a King Air similar payload, comfort, range but clearly slower at the higher levels. I have flown in a PC12 very nice aircraft but aquisition costs are high. I was recently due to fly in a brand new TBM850 in the US. The weather was poor at the departure airfield and the flight was over the Rockies in the day to San Jose where the cloud base was 200ft. The very experienced pilot was not happy to fly due to the "single engine risk" I suggest you compile a report on your personal feelings re the proposed changes expressing your professional opinion of the propsed change. He may need a reality check on what the limitations would be of such a change.