PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 15th Jan 2010, 18:07
FlexSRS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yaletown;

You have neatly demonstrated the brainwashed crew mentality about rejecting the hourly rate because it will be £2/hr and you will be worse off. This is pure BASSA spin. CC89 were in negotiations on the matter, but BASSA closed down the whole thing before any numbers were even discussed. (Averaged out allowances would only be good for the average crew member, flying an average month, not an old contract 'girl' flying a hand picked roster....)

Crew: I'd never have hourly rate, never never never! It would be £2/hr [footstamp +huff]

3rd Party: What if it was £100/hr, would you have it then?

Crew: Well, obviously. But it wouldn't be, BASSA says...etc

This stupid figure of £2/hr keeps on coming back again and again. The figure is whatever you negotiate it to be. Someone with a calculator, who is an average crew member, look at your allowances, and divide it by how long you have been away from base for in a month. Bring some sense to this issue!

I'll start. In December, I reckon my time away from base (swipe to chocks) on SH was about 260 hours. What's a typical CC allowance payment for a month? £1200? That would make the hourly rate about £4.60/hr. If they got rid of all the people that are needed to administer all the allowances, the savings would be huge. How about if BA then offered £5/hr, would you take it? If it was indexed linked to the restaurant cost etc?

Part of the reason I think crew wouldn't have an hourly rate (which incidentally would enable bidding on longhaul) is because they don't trust BASSA to be able to hammer out a watertight deal that BA wouldn't try and welsh on!