PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fighter Controllers looking to switch to the Civilian side
Old 1st Jul 2002, 10:26
AREA52

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear BC

Having worked against London Mil and certain other mil outfits for a few years, I have to agree that the culture and MOP's within the mil are completely different to the civil way of operating.

I am not saying that all mil controllers are not up to scratch, and the one's who aren't may not receive sufficient training or experience prior to being let loose. This is a known problem, primarily caused by the frequent movement of staff from one post to another I believe.

LJAO controllers on the other hand, seem to stay in post for longer and have a better understanding of the civil system through working alongside ourselves. This can only work in their favour if they wish to switch.

All in all, if you are up to the job, you should have no great fear of applying through the normal channels. Although, sometimes you do wonder how certain people slip through the net into the college, whilst more capable people fail. Typical NATS

At the end of the day, you try to put them together, whilst we try to keep them apart, and occasionally we meet in the middle unfortunately

Anyway, good luck if you apply