PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet/CTC Cadet Pilot Slavery Contract
View Single Post
Old 15th Jan 2010, 13:47
Night_fr8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TheBeak
What a complete load of utter tripe comes from you via the keyboard.
Have you attempted the 2 day APP selection at OAA or the Longer selection process from CTC.
I think not, or if you have it is my considered opinion that you probably did not make the grade.
At OAA 30% pass selection on the first attempt with a further 5% upon being invited back for a resit of a failed section.
What you ellude to is "Where's you cheque ? your welcome !!" this does happen in less reputable training establishments, and even now with places to fill on courses and less of the folding stuff available OAA and CTC, do not just take anyone.
Both establishments have reputations to keep and believe its unfair to put a student through a course that they are likely to fail, money does not rule, selection does.

Others
We are not talking Slavery here, just the airlines adjusting to market forces and reducing costs.
EZY has to cut cost to remain profitable and survive, so I ask what percentage of EZY pilots are on cadet schemes, and have they been used in preference to contracted Pilots ?

As for Strike votes, industrial action and Union clout, in this day and age ALL are a means of reducing jobs and cutting the the companies profits to the bone, so ultimately the employer will find it more effective to make redundancies.
Keeping people in work is the name of the game, and if that means pay to fly being used or flexicrew, so be it.
Stay employed, dont rock the boat and wait for an upturn.
Negotiate when in a position of strength, not now when there are hundreds out there waiting to fill you shoes.
There is far too much "I want it now" attitude, wait a while your turn will come.