PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 7
Thread: MANCHESTER - 7
View Single Post
Old 15th Jan 2010, 11:24
RoyHudd

I Have Control

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Saddo MAN folk

It seems that my criticism of MAN management needs to be met by a hysterical defence and strident accusations that one is inventing a story about being a pilot and actually operating aircraft.

I have had enough of the silliness. Just for reference, I paxed into MAN from a short break in Zurich, travelling in their ever-so-pleasant C class, on the last LX from ZRH, which arrived on-time and was directed to a duff stand (22) and ultimately delayed by 1hr10mins on subsequent departure. I meanwhile went home, to be called off standby the following morning and eventually operate as single sector to LGW around 1630, arriving at temporarily blocked stand 177M an hour later.

I am now preparing to operate a delayed flight out of LGW, the delay being due to a tech a/c.(Having enjoyed a pleasant day with a spot of Standby and relaxing inthe plush crew hotel at LGW on Thursday). Ultimately I will be returning, operating back into LGW in a few days time.

Is this all so far-fetched? (Not if you work as a pilot...glamorous it ain't, but real it is)

Anyway I'll leave you wannabees and Walter Mitty airline pilots to squabble amongst yourselves, whilst reminding you of the name of this website (Professional Pilots.....etc). IMHO MAN remains a very poor imitation of an international airport.

PS I will return, but not on this thread. Tara.

Last edited by RoyHudd; 16th Jan 2010 at 03:11.