PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Paying for ICUS
Thread: Paying for ICUS
View Single Post
Old 15th Jan 2010, 10:49
The Green Goblin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I didn't intend this to be a union bashing exercise after all, I am an AFAP member.

I do think it is a little ordinary that 'our' union is receiving money from a company that is exploiting Pilots trying to get a leg up on their peers, hoping to get the job that will get them ahead. The problem is those with the deepest pockets are not necessarily those that are most suited to the job.

As you mentioned Glekichi, I started this thread to point out that operators should be investing in their people. You take a guy, put him through your company, and pay him a decent wage as he increases in experience and value to your company. When he leaves he has all the boxes ticked and heads off to somewhere for further career progression (Hopefully after you have had at least 2/3 years out of him -0-ATPL).

Instead GA is full of guys moving from one company to the next without any loyalty, companies are taking guys from other operators instead of training them themselves and so on.

Dog eat dog I suppose, kind of sad really.

Perhaps the GA companies should get together and make agreements with each other as feeders to each other after x amount of time is served and a slot opens up.

Alligator to Westwing, Slingair to Hardy, King Leos to Chartair etc etc. Maybe then guys will stick around a little while longer with a carrot being dangled and the multi engine operators know the product they are getting. Perhaps then the multi engine operators should feed particular regionals etc etc.

Dreaming but it would be nice!