PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Paying for ICUS
Thread: Paying for ICUS
View Single Post
Old 15th Jan 2010, 10:16
glekichi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey GG I agree with your sentiment re paying for experience and jobs, but I think you might have got the wrong end of the stick here.

I happen to know that this IS one of the employers that does give whatever ICUS is needed to the right applicants. (I was once one of them)

Those who do instrument ratings there also get as much ICUS as they need (okay, within reason) free of charge.

They don't just send you with anyone. The ones giving the ICUS all have formal training with an external ATO for approval to fly/supervise from the right.

Instead, I would be blaming all the employers out there that want pilots with 10/50/100 on type, forcing young pilots that want the job to get experience elsewhere, and the same even experienced pilots that just happen to not have time on that particular type. This company is not one of them!

Personally though, I don't see why people pay for ICUS to get a job with those outfits that refuse invest in their staff's training themselves. It doesn't say much for the company. I guess this is what you were trying to say, GG?