PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DHL Leipzig Interview
View Single Post
Old 15th Jan 2010, 10:04
Night_fr8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spoke to the Chief Pilot recently.
Type rated pilots first.
Those with Jet experience next.
Maybe and its a BIG maybe some Cadets later.
Those in the holding pool and not type rated come in the second category, and before new hires.

The type rated first principle is simply a cost effective way of getting people in, with the added advantage that the training time span is shorter, and cost effective.

I endorse DD, if you plan to commute its the hard option, and always have a LoCo ticket incase you cant jumpseat.

Those out there looking who have experience, dont rely upon BALPA or other job finders, keep plugging away, there are a very few jobs out there even in the UK.
If the familly can bear it try the sandbox !!!

For those leaving training I know several of you and its been hard, but dispite what has been posted on this site by several wallies, the only route open to you is the SSTR but only if there is a firm job at the end of the training.
You are NOT reducing the T&C's or driving down standards, you will fill the vacancies that are there and reduce the airlines costs, which in turn may help the airlines weather this storm.

My sympathies are with those who have experience and have been out on the heap for some time, I went through the same problems in the early 80's
Where less experienced pilots were recruited before those with several hundred / thousand hours.
Hang in there, its easy to say that when like me you are employed but, I can assure you things will change, it did for me but I had to go back to airtaxi first just like many to keep current and feed myself.
Even then I had to pay my own rating and no pay until licence endorsed.
So this SSTR is not a new happening, its been there for many years just not so out in the open.

PM if advice or help needed