PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 14th Jan 2010, 22:05
jindabyne

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
"Sir,
We understand that in the event of a Conservative administration coming to power it will revisit the Mull of Kintyre Chinook accident and consider the negligence finding.
Each one of us has reviewed separately the findings of the Board of Inquiry and reached the same conclusion, namely that basic airmanship failings caused this tragic accident.
If yet another review is to take place then we would welcome an opportunity to brief ministers and discuss in necessary detail why this finding remains unescapable. in particular, it will be explained precisely why it cannot be overturned by recourse to a hypothesis for which there is no evidence and which is revealed as wholly implausible when tested against the known facts."

The letter is signed by Sir Michael Graydon, SIr Richard Johns,Sir Peter Squire,Sir Glenn Torpy and Sir Michael Alcock.

I was a President of two RAF Boards of Inquiry, in which both of my judgements were upheld by authority.

I am known to one or two of the above Air Marshals, individually and collectively, and I believe that their comments are challengeable from various viewpoints. In my view, it is sad to see that those who were then responsible for making judgemental views, and who are now retired, are seemingly unable to offer incisive views, other than to close ranks and protect arse.

Last edited by jindabyne; 15th Jan 2010 at 10:03.