PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Norfolk Island ditching
View Single Post
Old 14th Jan 2010, 21:56
adsyj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Compylot

I pondered long and hard before making my post including reading again and again the report to make sure my comprehension of what was being inferred in the report was correct.

As a professional aviator the passengers safety is our responsibility and ultimately is the Captains. My post was not made by listening to rumour or hearsay but was a direct result of the description of the evacuation from the official report.

I prefaced my post with the words " I really really hope I'm wrong" and that still stands. On reflection the part of my post you have quoted may turn out to be harsh and unjust and if this is proven to be the case nothing would please me more.

My understanding from the report is the Captain entered the cabin and opened the door. Directly from the report it said he then exited the aircraft. The report states liferafts which were available were not deployed and the remaining passengers were left aboard and attended to their own evacuation. There may be valid reason for this but I cannot think of a valid reason. Again I hope I am proven to be wrong and the report is poorly worded or is missing vital information regards the interaction between the Captain his co-pilot and the passsengers.

Last edited by adsyj; 14th Jan 2010 at 21:59. Reason: Change of mind