PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Another good flight with easyJet
View Single Post
Old 14th Jan 2010, 15:51
Capetonian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A couple of weeks ago I emailed easyJet with some comments about the Speedy boarding + process at Liverpool, and the £3 'speedy security' charge levied by LPL airport (of course I know that's not their fault but they are a major customer and therefore have some influence).

I received the following reply from them (my email to them is at the bottom). It shows that they do read feedback and that they do care. This letter, even if part of it is standard cut and paste, stands in stark contrast to replies I've received in repsonse to complaints to British Airways.

Dear xxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you for contacting us.

I am sorry for any inconvenience you may have experienced due to the flight disruption and I would like to sincerely apologize for the long delay in response to your e-mail. This has been caused by high volume of e-mails that we received as the result of recent weather disruptions. We can assure you that this is not of our usual standard.

As I am sure you can imagine it is wonderful to receive positive feedback once in a while. I have passed your e-mail on to the Cabin Crew Manager, so that the member of staff involved can benefit from your praise.

We aim to deliver good service at low cost to our passengers and it is fulfilling to hear that we are achieving this.

Meanwhile, your feedback about handling of passenger at the Liverpool Airport is appreciated. In today's travel environment we are looking at every channel where we can better align our products and services to meet your travel needs. Your feedback about our operation is very important as constructive criticism such as yours lets us know what we need to do to serve you better in the future. We have specialized departments whose goal is to work with every issues to improve service. Please be assured that I have registered your feedback with them for information and internal review.

Further, I would like to inform you that £3 for fast track security is charged by the Airport Management and not by easyJet. Along with the above feedback, I have also forwarded your valuable comments regarding the fast track security fee to the Airport Management, which will help them evaluate their services.

You are a valued customer and I hope that we can be of service to you again some time in the near future.

I do hope I have been able to answer your question fully, if I have not, please click here and we will be more than happy to assist you further.

Yours sincerely,

xxxxxxxxxxxx
Customer Experience Champion

Customer (xxxxxxxx) 23/12/2009 03.27 PM
Despite the severe disruption of the last few days, the flight operated with only a slight delay and the cockpit crew kept us fully informed. Thank you.

However, the airport at Liverpool was chaotic. There was only one check in desk for Easyboarding Plus, and I think it is wrong that passengers are blackmailed into paying an extra £3 for fast track security because of the inadequate arrangements. I appreciate that to a degree this is beyond your control but you are a significant customer at the airport.