PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DURHAM TEES VALLEY AIRPORT - 5
View Single Post
Old 14th Jan 2010, 13:36
skyman771

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can't see that promoting one side of terminal as a glorified business lounge is actually going to achieve much at all. A nice PR stunt though, but in reality in creating a "two class" terminal, then one is more likely to hack off those that are denied access, this would be particularly prevalent at checkin / security where such preference was "in the face" of those denied access. The key failing of this is that you are denying choice to all your customers, by segregating the facility to "flight no.".
To relax the restriction & open up to all flights & you have effectively reverted back to the standard premium business pax. / business lounge concept in existence at all airports.
I really wonder who (though I can guess! ) dreamed this up? From another direction then more service increases costs ! & who is to pay ?
The reality is that the "convenience " factors i.e. choice of destination, frequency & flight timings are all that matter. Growth / volume pax are what are needed and inadvertently marketing a "second class" service will only aggravate the situation further.

Last edited by skyman771; 14th Jan 2010 at 17:16.