PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Headset types in GA
View Single Post
Old 14th Jan 2010, 12:55
Reading5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel Bose Headset X Vs. David Clark X11

As a Flight instructor and having been flying for 24 years and read a few forums, I want to put in my two bobs worth in relation to the Bose Aviation Headset-X verses the David Clark X-11 debate.

The thing that keeps Bose ahead of the field is the service and quality of product. Support service is second to none.

When looking to buy a new headset, I reviewed the net and spoke to people regarding which headset was the best. I want to state here and now that I had an old set of the David Clark's that I purchased over 20 years ago. They are still in great condition and working today.

The best aviation headset is the Bose Avaiation Headset X without doubt.

David Clark products historically are excellent. Following on from the DC Product performance I thought I would purchase the new X-11, particularly with a number of promises that it would out do the tried and proven Bose Headset X. What was appealing with the DC's was the mobile phone and ipod connector. My problem was that I could not hear the tower in Cessna 152's or 150's. The DC's were not cutting out the noise you would expect for a set at that price.

I was lucky enough to return my DC head set to the place where I had purchased the headset (and earlier H/S 20 years prior) and the DC's were replaced with a new Head Set X.