PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet/CTC Cadet Pilot Slavery Contract
View Single Post
Old 14th Jan 2010, 11:37
fastjetpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Topslide

People in CTC's holdpool now, started training in Autumn 2007. CTC at that point had a 100% placement record, with eJ, BA, Jet2 and many others. They were growing quickly (maybe too quickly) to match requirements from those airlines, and offered something that opened up places to people who previously were unable to afford to train as a pilot. The money was unsecured. It was pretty much a guaranteed entry into the RHS of a jet. At that time there was no real evidence that there was going to be a recession.

ANY of you that say you would have turned this down are lying through your teeth. Get off your high horses and make a change instead of slagging these guys and girls off. Why would ANYONE work their arse off in some crappy job and complete their CPL over 5 or 6 years when this was an option.

The one thing I do agree with is that you would have to be a complete idiot to start training now or in the last year.

By getting what they deserve I hope you mean a FO job with some airline, whether it's TP or Jet and the oppurtunity to show people like you that actually, they make a dam good go at it. However, I think what you actually meant was bankruptcy, demoralisation and possible depression, suicide and in the future a crashed jet.