PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Norfolk Island ditching
View Single Post
Old 14th Jan 2010, 11:17
Compylot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm not really surprised by some of the self absorbed, inward and egotistical holier than thou drivel being posted here, but actually seeing it makes me sick to the core.

Statements such as

In my opinion if the PIC left his unconscious co-pilot and his passengers to fend for themselves then any punishment he receives will be nothing with having to live the rest of his life knowing that he is a you know what.
from adsyj

and

I haven't got the experience to be making judgments and am awaiting a final report, I wonder if ALL the details will emerge?

BUT.........The comment below sums it up for me...............

If that's what happened, hang your head in shame boy
By Owen Stanley who by the way has a history of sweeping statements made about crew and their reactions in an emergency situation... you really make me sick. (We all love an expert flying instructor)

NO, you obviously DO NOT have the experience to be making final judgments, nor any judgments on what ANY of that crew did in such a horrifically traumatic event such as escaping a rapidly sinking aircraft in the middle of the ocean at night!!!!!!?

How dare you make judgement??!

HANG YOUR HEADS IN SHAME!

Regardless of what happened to result in that situation, to sit here and read page after page of cheap shot personal criticism makes me utterly utterly SICK!!

With the benefit of hindsight isn't it all so obvious what should or shouldn't of been done, but isn't this the case with nearly ALL accidents???

Are you willing to stand up and totally put down, criticize and berate the many hundreds or thousands of pilots that have died through human error?

Let's all learn from this accident, be thankful that no one was killed (and god, what a miracle no one was) and stop the personal attacks!

Last edited by Compylot; 14th Jan 2010 at 12:00.