PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF Flight Screening Programme
View Single Post
Old 14th Jan 2010, 07:37
Dilmah G

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alright mate, I'm not a pilot, I'm not a uni-grad, I haven't even finished High School (yet!)

But first step, is to read this thread back to front,
And then do it again so you didn't miss anything.

Hopefully someone a little more versed in this than I am will come past and give you a few pointers, but there is a lot of good information about what you're looking for on this thread.

Off the top of my head, the common ones are: Play a team sport, to show those who interview you (and hopefully an OSB) that you can function with other people, try and be well read in the basics of the RAAF, (Where are our F/A-18s based? What are their Squadron Numbers? That kind of stuff, much better examples earlier in the thread), take on some Leadership Role within your free-time, or at work, if possible. Pilots are also Officers, which means you're expected to be a leader. It's stated (somewhere) on the DefenceJobs website, that prior flying can be used as an indication of good motivation, so it might help your cause to have a think about that one.

But I think a useful course of action for you, would be to read this thread in its entirety, it may well be one of the best sites on the subject you'll find. (Apologies if I've said something incorrect)