PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "Brace for Impact"
View Single Post
Old 14th Jan 2010, 01:35
ONTPax

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You can read all this on wikipaedia.
Now there's a good source of reliable and accurate information!

Isn't that the site where anyone can jump in and add their two cents worth, truthful or not?

Well, okay, I guess I'll add my two cents worth. The story I heard was that there was a version of events offered by the rear-most flight attendant that the investigators couldn't corroborate. She claimed a passenger took it upon himself to open the rear door. The Feds, through subsequent interviews and statements, were unable to ascertain who this person was.

Could it be that, with all the confusion going on, the FA herself may have opened the door and then later, realizing her error, tried to cover her tracks? No doubt the captain did an excellent job bringing the plane down. His terse statement, "Brace for impact!", however, did not shed light upon the fact that they were going to be making a water landing. That tidbit of information, passed along, may have made a significant difference.

While probably insignificant, something I noticed in the 60 Minutes interview of the crew and at other appearances, all of the members of the flight crew appeared in their uniforms, except the woman who worked the rear of the aircraft. She wore her street clothes. Was there a message there somewhere that she was trying to tell us?

Sully, Flight 1549 Crew Talk to Katie Couric on ‘60 Minutes’ - The Middle Seat Terminal - WSJ

ONTPax