PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Plane Down in Hudson River - NYC
View Single Post
Old 14th Jan 2010, 00:37
kaikohe76

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hudson River Ditching

Hi Folks,

On a slightly different thread to the ditching it'self & the aftermath, I have just finished reading Chesley Sullenberger's biography `Highest Duty`. A number of you may have already read the book as well, but it has only just arrived in this part of the world.
I found the book First Class in all respects, it details the many personal & family difficulties that Sullenberger had to deal with long before the Hudson ditching. The book goes into just the right level of detail in all the issues covered, enough information for aviation & non aviation people.
For me the stand out point is, how all the way through the book, Sullenberger is at pains to stress, that the successful outcome of the ditching was a united Crew effort & that they not just him well deserve all the praise. He also goes to some length to thank & praise the ATC Officer & other personnel & the efforts of the rescue craft who lifted the pax & crew off.
For me, a great book, very well written with great sensitivity throughout, I would reccommend it to anyone.
A safe 2010 to us all.