PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 13th Jan 2010, 23:12
SlideBustle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ciaotasso -further to your point about crew going into management. I also think opening a new position above CSD would be good - ie.having the CSDs fly most of the time but also do some management work (if they wish to move onto this of course ) I think there are other airlines (ANZ, maybe Virgin I'm not sure, all I know is that there are some airlines who do this) who have their CSD/FSMs who part fly and also have some management responsibilities on the ground. I know this is digressing every so slightly but would be good to have people who manage on the ground, managing and leading onboard, and also helps our CSD colleagues who would like to further their career (especially the ones promoted quite quickly into the job who still have many years left)

Digressing, I do apologise, and I don't know how this will benefit BA financially anyway so maybe not such a great idea Or maybe it is as it protects the CSD role but also means productivity for the airline; some managers fly also - but keep CTMs aswell!