PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 13th Jan 2010, 23:05
Rover90

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Romans44 wrote:

I have given plenty of thoughts about the consequences of an industrial action, please give me more credit than that. I know that many people on this forum have a very low opinion about cabin crew but please don't brush an entire comunity with the same brush. I am sure your partner would agree with that.
Virtually all cabin crew are extremely hard working dedicated individuals and it is a mystery that we are represented by such a narrow minded group of individuals.

How will you feel on Day One of a Cabin Crew Strike if you are looking at your P45. Believe me it is an option and it can be done and that is certainly the downside.

You talk of only working to written agreements and needing to see things in writing. Where is it written that I should be bombarded by letters in the T5 CSD drop file with requests for upgrades, to be paged whilst in a briefing to collect a note that is a request for an upgrade, to be constantly faced with family of crew members expecting to be upgraded. Whilst I am sorting that out, as I have always tried to do until you lot stirred it up, I was not giving the fare paying pax my full attention during boarding. Guess you would want to ignore that practice as it is not written down but very much part of the cc culture, basically it is theft from the company but you know we choose to ignore that and say it is just custom and practice.

Life is not all bad and it is certainly no worse after the "imposition" of the new regime for the CSD's who were always hands on. All I can say is "get with the program".

And this is a CSD talking Romans!

Last edited by Rover90; 13th Jan 2010 at 23:26.