PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 13th Jan 2010, 22:58
TOM100

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
romans 44, absolutely respect your views (even if I don't always agree), just think sometimes BASSA/Crew should think of the bigger picture rather than being parochial and think about the benefits of taking the moral high ground. IMHO crew/BASSA are playing out WW's strategy, without him having to do anything (knee jerking all over the place, with ill thought comms etc), they need to show a little more political nous (and at times professional restraint).

They are playing the evil villains/no compassion/selfish card to many/the public, they need to be a bit more cute in their approach......

Having been bullied by BASSA reps (frequently) and witnessed their often very unreasonable approach, I feel sufficiently qualified to comment.....from my humble POV of course. They are not a progressive, forward thinking bunch on the whole.......they do need a big kick up the a**e from the people who pay their subs and realise it is 2010, not 1975 !

Stop looking backwards and embrace now.....(yuk, sounds corny). They also need to become a lot more commercially savvy and professional in their approach, conduct and interaction with BA. Turning up hours late, if at all, disrepecting people, texting in meetings, dissing colleagues etc just doesn't cut it for them to be taken seriously by others. Sadly, this aint going to happen with the current lot.....they just aint capable, behaviours too conditioned/culturally engrained, BA enemy etc etc......evolve, change, be relevant or die !

Also they don't seem very joined up with the UNITE people !

Last edited by TOM100; 13th Jan 2010 at 23:08. Reason: typo as usual !