PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Norfolk Island ditching
View Single Post
Old 13th Jan 2010, 22:46
morno

Received 318 Likes on 118 Posts
Dom and Zoe........well done on handling an awful situation and walking away with your pax safe. The vast majority of people that I and others have spoken to that are involved in the industry and seem to be reasonable people are filled with admiration for you two and have also voiced disgust on what has been posted on this forum in relation to your situation. Heads up, you've more supporters than you could imagine.
I'd ask if anyone has any issue with what I've posted......PM me. Keep it private, be personal if you want, but for Gods sake don't do it in public!
GADRIVR,
I agree, they did handle the situation well from what has been said in the report. However..... Why did they find themselves in this situation in the first place? Especially when there is a CAR that stipulates flights to this island REQUIRE alternate fuel, regardless of the weather!

Putting yourself into this situation because you haven't followed the rules and regs, and plain common sense (would you fly to an aerodrome in the middle of the ocean with no fuel to go anywhere else, regardless of weather?), is not what I would call a hero. They're just lucky that everyone got out alive.

I'll support a pilot who finds themselves in these situations, however not when stupidity is the main cause.

morno