PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Norfolk Island ditching
View Single Post
Old 13th Jan 2010, 22:31
Mainframe

Check Attitude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thread Drift

My Oleo,

In answer to your question, yes, I am one of many subjected to a CASA vendetta for no obvious reason other than it seems to be a sport with them.

As for the ICC, well I dealt with 5 of them, its a short lived position, Michael Hart was the longest survivor, and none of them came up with the goods.

The ICC is paid by CASA, thus compromising the incumbent and merely leaving the ICC as a source of intelligence on misconduct,
to be used to protect the offenders.

The Skehill report on the NQ TLFO springs to mind.

Bruce Byron, to his credit, cleaned out the rogue element responsible, giving them all golden parachutes, and righted some of the wrongs done.

I had done nothing wrong, just happened to be under the former rogue NQ office at Townsville in its heyday, since almost cleaned up.

Not one CASA officer involved in the criminal misconduct was charged with any offence, they all left quietly through the back door with their benefits intact.

I delayed answering you because I couldn't believe that anyone involved in civil aviation in GA could possibly be so naive.

I also knew that other posters would soon help you see the reality is not the same as the service charter.

Perhaps you came into aviation through the ADF, as some of the misfits did, or maybe came from another country straight into the Oz airline system.

You appear not to have been in GA in Qld, NT, WA and NSW, each of which had their little aberations and unique styles.

If you missed out on that, good for you, you're then entitled to either a blinkered or optimistic view of the regulator.

I would recommend a little background reading of AAT hearings, possibly contact Paul Phelan for a copy of the Phelan Papers, talk to Richard Rudd etc.

You would be distressed to see the depths to which the misfits can sink.

Like you, I would like to believe we have an ethical regulator, and an uncompromised ICC.

Byron was well on track to achieving that, and since his departure, watch some of the misfits creep back into the system.

I must state that there are many more good, professional and ethical CASA staff than there are misfits within CASA.

Bit like the Police force, mostly dedicated professionals doing a great job, and a few who probably dont belong with them.

When a group of them (misfits) are clustered together in the one office the outcome is predictable.

I have benefitted greatly from the professionals, and suffered terribly at the hands of misfits, as have many others.

The Pprune forums proved to be a very effective tool in having the NQ office brought into line, and possibly others as an indirect result.

Last edited by Mainframe; 13th Jan 2010 at 22:48.