PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DURHAM TEES VALLEY AIRPORT - 5
View Single Post
Old 13th Jan 2010, 19:59
onion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Losingthewill I agree times are hard, but if you compare MME to places like HUY or even Peels other airports MME has really struggled. Your looking at almost 700,000 (70%) reduction in pax numbers in just a few years. No airport has seen this kind of cuts, now in most businesses the managment at the company wouldn't survive! I know what they have done in the past and will not support them! I support the airport and the hard working staff but the managment no. They have brought nothing to the place and have actually upset alot of staff!
If you want to cut cost get rid of the poor managment, or if they insist on staying cut their salaries, but I doubt they'll do that.
Also looking to where the jobs are likely to go one area is ATC. Well how can an airport attract airlines and business if they have too few ATC staff? We all know that the ATC unit has problems covering sickness and holidays! So what happens is the place closes for a few hours, very proffessional! Really advertises the airport as somewhere to do business! This is purely managments fault no one elses!
Peel hasn't delivered on promises, the managment team is poor and has been allowed to stay for far to long, yes the economic climate is tough but Peel and the managment team are using that as an excuse for their laziness and poor managment skills, its far to convienient!