PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 13th Jan 2010, 18:10
HiFlyer14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is now going beyond absurd...

I mean we have on here, Romans & co. saying they haven't been proved wrong, but where are their facts?

Can the BASSA supporters provide examples of where BA have imposed the DA? Have they read the ESS forum where there are several WW CSDs saying a) BASSA should have agreed the DA and b) BA have not imposed the DA, and c) CSDs have not been asked to operate with less than normal crew complements, etc?

So, I'm afraid that unless they can provide contrary evidence, then it does mean that BASSA are rabble-rousing and using this extreme weather as yet another excuse to stir support for their ridiculous cause. Romans actually states that BASSA SHOULD have implemented the DA, but yet is prepared to defend them to the hilt for not doing so.

Then we have statements like "people have died fighting for their cause". I mean is this serious? Yes, people have died trying to get minority groups the right to vote, freedom of speech, fighting dictatorships, World Wars, etc. To my knowledge, no-one has died because of working a little bit harder on an airbus or a boeing.

The frightening thing is that some of these BASSA inspired people seriously think that their cause (let's remind ourselves again of this wholly worthwhile cause - ONE CREW MEMBER OFF AN AEROPLANE) is on a par.

And then we have on other forums (fora?) BASSA indoctrinated folk now blaming BA for the disruption and how they are now having to deal with angry customers, due to yes...BA's incompetence. Que?

Are there any psychologists out there who can make head or tail of it? I am genuinely concerned that this is now seriously out of control. The deep-seated anger towards anyone and everyone who disagrees with their point of view is actually incomprehensible. It is also rather worrying for those of us who have to work alongside them.

I am BA cabin crew and this is my own view and not that of BA.