PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Loving life in Dubai!
View Single Post
Old 13th Jan 2010, 15:24
fractional

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The life here is what you make of it. As long as the company pays the accommodation and (most of) education fees, life should not be a misery. If one is single or married with no kids, I believe life will be even easier. The ladies will find their niche communicating with other ladies.
We cannot mirror our life styles on what others do, if they are not on the same trade. We all should know what we came for ($/£/€, etc.). This forum and so much more information on the net provide us with the essentials. This is no paradise. Don't expect everyone will have a pool, spa, servants, cheap clubs, etc.. It's another place, safer than where I come from and where I mind my business and ensure family is ok first, respecting the locals and other residents. Remember, this is not your home country and don't make it as that . Don't assume you are a guest because you are not. Just do what you have to do, get your money and go somewhere else to work or retire.
In regard to the job, well, it is my job to sort it out professionally because it is something easier to deal with. I admit that some people aren't so lucky because they do not work for reputed companies, but then this is something not wide-spread.