PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Boeing 787 Dreamliner Alleged sighting at AGP
Old 13th Jan 2010, 11:59
balanceball1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boeing 787 Dreamliner Alleged sighting at AGP

Dear PPruners,

I would be grateful for your help in settling an argument I have with a friend over a claimed sighting of a Boeing 787 Dreamliner at AGP (Malaga) on 27th December; he says it was there and I say it could not have possibly been.

My friend claims that the aircraft was clearly displaying the numbers 787 and was probably painted in First Choice livery (the UK launch customer for the type). It has to be said all aircraft do look the same to him, apart from the ones with stairs inside!

Considering the maiden test flight occurred in Seattle on 15th December with a follow up one week later I was pretty convinced that the aircraft would not be let out of US airspace until it had been certified in some way but perhaps I am wrong on that. Is it possible that a version of the aircraft could be doing a European tour around potential customers already? (apparently 6 aircraft have been manufactured so far).

Any theories or confirmed sightings from anyone who was at AGP that day would be much appreciated.

Cheers