PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 13th Jan 2010, 11:49
Desertia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There is one factor that may be an issue here. If Unite are actually having productive talks with BA, then it is not in UNITE or BA's interest to pour oil on the fire by publicising BASSA's lack of co-operation and giving them another opportunity to squeal about being picked on, and the press to do yet more damage to their reputation.

If this is the case, then I doubt BA would be willing to publicly acknowledge that they asked for DA and were refused.

(Of course, if the talks aren't successful by the time BASSA have their next backslapping, whooping and cheering meeting at Kempton, then it becomes irrelevant to the issue, apart from possibly in the February court case).

you will find that BASSA told its members straight away that the agreement was being broken.
If u are cabin crew and a BASSA member you would have recieved and email and a post on the BASSA website.
The only thing BASSA can do, is to challenge all this in court and/or ballot for industrial action.
As you may be aware they are already doing both things.
You make a very valid point when you say
Romans44,

We all saw this email from BASSA, and I quoted from the published version of it when I said that Bill Francis "asked for flexibility".

The court challenge is over the November 16th imposition.

I would think you would require some legal activities on February 1st to add any of the DA-related activities to it - that's assuming it is appropriate to do so.

Note how BASSA did not exactly rush to obtain an injunction.

We are getting to the point now where BASSA's only basket left is IA, and the sensible eggs are going to start getting out of it and walking off.