PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 13th Jan 2010, 11:31
jetset lady

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by romans44
I do care but I also don't approve of bulling. People have died in the past to protect their rights, if you find that so hard to accept, I am afraid, is your problem
Can we please, once and for all, drop the dramatics and the references to bullying and harrassment. It is nothing but an insult to those that have suffered the horror and humiliation of the real thing! Ironically, in my experience, if I mention any of this current mess to the pilots onboard, they instantly clam up, petrified of being pulled into the office. And as far as I'm aware, no one in BASSA has yet sacrificed their life to protect "our" rights. We are not in a third world country, nor are we living back in the dark ages. This is an industrial dispute. No more. No less. A serious one, I'll give you, but still just an industrial dispute!

With regards to the DA agreement, a quick question. Since it came into being, have BASSA ever agreed to it being activated? If so, what were the circumstances? And as already asked by Flap33, what are the conditions surrounding it? Are there criteria that must be met? Or is it all, as I suspect, a bit vague?

dubh12000,

I'm sorry but I disagree. The current issues surrounding the DA agreement are highly relevant, in that they give a good view of the whole BASSA mindset.

Jsl

Edited to add: Damn! Way too slow. Back to SLF and JB for me then...